Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Compupool wiring question

1. Back To Top    #1

Compupool wiring question

My SWG showed up today! It came set to 220V - I need 110. I haven't opened the unit yet, but changing the jumpers seems simple enough. Here's my question - the power cable is just bare wires; green, red and black. For 220V, my guess is the red and black are the hot leads. What about 110V?
    Larry
    16x28 vinyl inground kidney, 1HP pump, sand filter, Compupool SWG, 11K gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Compupool wiring question

for 220 red is active, black/blue - neutral, green/yellow - earth

i'd say it would be the same for 110, the jumpers just switch the coils used in the transformer.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the US we use a little different terminology. Red would be L1 (or Hot), Black would be L2 (or Neutral) and Green is ground. On 220 volt split phase systems like we have here in the US there would be no neutral in this situation.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the help! Another question; the manual shows connecting the SWG to the pump timer. Seems like you would need to have power to the SWG all the time for it to retain its program memory. Do I need to have a constant power source and just set the SWG timer to come on during the pump run cycle?
    Larry
    16x28 vinyl inground kidney, 1HP pump, sand filter, Compupool SWG, 11K gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

If I read the manual correctly the swcg has a pump timer built in and you can power the swcg all the time and use it's timer to run the pump.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

It will remember all of it's settings even if it loses power, so you can wire it to an external timer if you want to.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School