New to the forum, but Veteran Griller. Advice inside.

Apr 28, 2011
Marietta, GA
A big hello to TFP.

I dont know too much about pools at the moment. But I am learning.

I've been grilling almost all my life, and I DO have some advice an a broad range of subjects with regards to grilling.

If you on an Ipod or Iphone, I'd recommend getting the Weber "On The Grill" application. This app has a slew of recipes for grilling, and will even make you a shopping list for yoru ingredients. For those of you without the apple hardware, get your hands on the Weber Big Book of Grilling. It's got most of the same recipes.

I'll sound like a Weber ad here, but I also use a Weber grill. You'll pay a lot more for them, but they last much longer than the cheaper brands. Mine is the $500 model and I've got 8 good years out of it and it still rocks. The electronic starter still works.

And now for a quick recipe. If you like pork, get your hands on a large pork tenderloin. I get the big ones, between 5 and 10 lbs. Get heavy duty tin foil, and rest the meat, fat side down on enough to completely wrap the tenderloin once. Dont wrap twice or it will increase your cook time greatly.

Get your hands on Dales marinate and / or Allegro's marinate. I like both, and I mix them. Pour half & half over the meat, enough to coat it all and make a small pool in the bottom. Close the wrap, and grill it on medium head (400 degrees) for about an hour.

If you have a meat thermometer, stop cooking when you hit 165 - 175 degrees at the center.

Let it sit for about 10 minutes, and carve into thin slices. This can be served platter style or on sandwiches. And the leftovers keep wonderfully in the fridge, so cook a larger portion.

--Rick

Gas takes all the fun out of BBQ! I used to use gas, but have converted to charcoal. I now have 4 charcoal BBQ's, including a smoker I built from an old 80 gallon air compressor tank. Charcoal grills are more versatile, you can even smoke a small brisket on a Weber kettle grill. Just try that with gas :thumbdown: Don't get me wrong, gas grills do have their place, but if you want to cook more than just the basic barbecue stuff like burgers, hotdogs and steaks, invest in a charcoal grill, you won't be sorry :goodjob:

I like both gas and charcoal. Gas is nice because I'm cooking in <5 minutes, but charcoal as pointed out can be more versatile.
Am planning an out door BBQ pit, with open fire and stone oven- won't happen for a couple years yet, but planning it eventually!
Also do alot of open fire cooking while camping...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.