Sealing concrete

SWpisces

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
We're having quite a dilemna with how our concrete turned out after sealing. We have colored concrete and our PB used diluted muriatic acid (he said it was diluted properly) before applying the DuraSeal. As you can see in these pictures it looks like something was spilled on the concrete...
We have the same colored concrete in the front of the house done by someone else and was sealed...didn't do anything like this.
Do you think there was too much muriatic acid that they didn't scrub off enough?

[attachment=1:1tkfpvmd]Untitled 0 00 00-01 (2).jpg[/attachment:1tkfpvmd]

[attachment=0:1tkfpvmd]Untitled 0 00 03-16.jpg[/attachment:1tkfpvmd]

Attachments

• Untitled 0 00 00-01 (2).jpg
    Untitled 0 00 00-01 (2).jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Untitled 0 00 03-16.jpg
    Untitled 0 00 03-16.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 88
Ike... thanks for your reply, could be, but after doing more researched I am more inclined to think it is more of a "burn" or etching from the muriatic acid. They didn't dilute it properly and/or wash it off properly and it etched more in areas. They look like spill marks and I did see them pouring from the bucket as well as dipping in with a mop and sloshing it around.
Anyone else knowledgeable about concrete and such? Is there anything that might remedy this? We did have someone else come out and they thought the only thing to do now for a temporary fix was a "faux" type of painting in the areas that look really bad so it blends in some. Then seal again.
Also, what is our recourse? Thank heavens we haven't paid the final payment. I wish they would have kept someone here to supervise their workers...and of course my Spanish is "poco solamente", so communication was difficult---but then I didn't know anything like this was going to happen not having experienced this before. Lessons learned!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.