Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sealing concrete

1. Back To Top    #1

Sealing concrete

We're having quite a dilemna with how our concrete turned out after sealing. We have colored concrete and our PB used diluted muriatic acid (he said it was diluted properly) before applying the DuraSeal. As you can see in these pictures it looks like something was spilled on the concrete...
    We have the same colored concrete in the front of the house done by someone else and was sealed...didn't do anything like this.
    Do you think there was too much muriatic acid that they didn't scrub off enough?

[attachment=1:1tkfpvmd]Untitled 0 00 00-01 (2).jpg[/attachment:1tkfpvmd]

[attachment=0:1tkfpvmd]Untitled 0 00 03-16.jpg[/attachment:1tkfpvmd]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers!
    ~Julie

30K gunite pool, Pentair VS 3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, automatic cover, Intellibrite Pentair LED light, no heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sealing concrete

My guess is they did not propperly degrease it before doing the acid cleaning.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sealing concrete

Ike... thanks for your reply, could be, but after doing more researched I am more inclined to think it is more of a "burn" or etching from the muriatic acid. They didn't dilute it properly and/or wash it off properly and it etched more in areas. They look like spill marks and I did see them pouring from the bucket as well as dipping in with a mop and sloshing it around.
    Anyone else knowledgeable about concrete and such? Is there anything that might remedy this? We did have someone else come out and they thought the only thing to do now for a temporary fix was a "faux" type of painting in the areas that look really bad so it blends in some. Then seal again.
    Also, what is our recourse? Thank heavens we haven't paid the final payment. I wish they would have kept someone here to supervise their workers...and of course my Spanish is "poco solamente", so communication was difficult---but then I didn't know anything like this was going to happen not having experienced this before. Lessons learned!
    Cheers!
    ~Julie

30K gunite pool, Pentair VS 3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 Cartridge filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, automatic cover, Intellibrite Pentair LED light, no heater.