Automatic Pool Cleaner doesn't leave deep end

Apr 28, 2011
Hi all,

First time post, but I'm sure many more are to come.

We recently had some trouble with algae and have really needed the help of our automatic pool cleaner to pick up the mess. We've done everything that our near by Pinch-a-Penny has told us to do and our pool is now starting to look a little better, but we keep noticing one problem. Our pool cleaner likes the deep end too much and won't stay in the shallow area. We keep having to pool its hose over to the shallow end. Our pool goes from about 3.5 ft to 9 ft causing a gradual, yet steep decline. The pool cleaner connection is in the shallow end it seems almost to avoid being tangled up it just keeps the line extended into the deep end. Every time I pool the pool cleaner into the shallow end it does a few turns in that area and then runs right back over to the deep end and continues to run circles in the deep end.

I truly have no idea why my automatic pool cleaner likes the deep end so much, but I need some tips on getting it into the shallow end. I pretty much have to walk outside and pull it over to the shallow end every time I want it to clean in that area. Any tips?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

While I'm no cleaner expert, the folks that are will need to know at least which cleaner you have, as there are hundreds of different ones out there.

Also if it's a suction or pressure style cleaner you'll want to post some specifics about the equipment and the pressures you're seeing.

Thanks for the response. I'll post now the limited information I have and when I get home later I'll be a little more specific it looks a like the Hayward Navigator Pro (found it on the Hayward site), but a much older model. I know it's a suction cleaner, but that's about all I know at the moment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.