Help, can't seem to win in my pool war

Apr 28, 2011
ok my hubby got sent over sea last month, so It's on me to keep the pool clean. I have never really had to do it before, we have intex 25' 52" metal fame, with a new Intex 2,100 sand pump. we just got from amazon. last year we had issue with the vac, and this year I got it to work, but it hardly works, we live in florida, so it is super hot, and I got trees everywhere.... if it is not the leave, its these cruchy things that keep falling off the trees, they fall a part in the pool and are like bigger pc of sand that sink to the bottom. the leave cause the hose to get clogged. the brown stuff is so hard to get because they are little,

is there a vac that work well with intex pool, better yet is there an auto pool cleaner that will not take me to the cleaner just to get it...

Welcome to TFP!

Taking care of the pool can be very easy once you spend a little time learning how to do things and how to test the water with a good test kit. Knowing what your chemical levels really are and how to adjust them makes a huge difference.

No vacuum will work all that well, because the vacuum depends on the pump and the filter, and the Intex pumps and filters just aren't that good. There are some good pool cleaners for around $400+. I'm not sure if that is in your budget or not.

The Pool Rover Jr. robot is probably your best bet in pool cleaners. No suction side cleaner is going to work well with the Intex pump.

You do need a good test kit if you really want to have a trouble free pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.