Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Early open in NH

1. Back To Top    #1

Early open in NH

In general, I am of the belief that pool owners should not complain about cleaning and such, but, really, does there have to be 30mph wind gusts the day after I open? It appears that every leaf and piece of debris from my neighborhood is going into my pool today!

At least the water is clearing up nicely so I can see it all!
    20x40 rectangle inground vinyl pool
    33K gallon of water
    1 HP Hayward Super pump
    Hayward high capacity sand filter S245T -250 pound sand
    pool is over 20 years old
    1 return line

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Early open in NH

Keep at it
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I opened ours and then the oaks decided to drop all the blooms in it! I feel your pain.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Been that way every day solid for 3 months down here. Quit your whining! (and go vacuum--I am)
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Had to fish deck chairs out of the pool twice today as well as countless numbers of leaves. But no complaining here, 24 hours and 10.5 gallons of bleach in and my water is almost to that crystal clear and "sparkly" stage.....I fully expect to be there by tomorrow and the weekend forecast is for all sun. Heat pump is on but will take a few days to warm from the 50 I started at yesterday. But since the kids jumped in yesterday they will settle for water in the 60's tomorrow and hopefully higher by the weekend...
    20x40 rectangle inground vinyl pool
    33K gallon of water
    1 HP Hayward Super pump
    Hayward high capacity sand filter S245T -250 pound sand
    pool is over 20 years old
    1 return line

6. Back To Top    #6

I like woodyp have been cleaning from the day I opened. I'm getting the wife to do equal time so I can convince her to get rid of some trees. It's starting to work and she bought me a new chainsaw last Xmas

And to add to the frustrations, we had cool weather so I had to re-build my pond and place the fish in a 200 gallon trough in the middle of major work with the pool exterior work. Got to 90's in the past 2 days with lots of rain and the fish are really struggling and I can't do anything due to Mother Nature. I've only lost minnows so far, but got 6-8 koi that are breathing heavy - SIGH... To boot, the winds snapped the umbrella in half that I was using to keep the water cooler.

So as woodyp said, quit whining - someone else ALWAYS has bigger woes...
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit