Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair EasyClean experience

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair EasyClean experience

Anybody have any? I am considering this filter to provide the filtering capability of DE, and the cleaning convenience of cartridges.
    34 x 19 salt water free form. 7.5" inside diameter raised spa. 24" raised beam in back. 3 moss rock waterfalls off raised beam and moss rock waterfall out of the spa. (2) Intelliflo VF pumps, 420 Cartridge Filter, 400 BTU Pentair low nox heater. 2.5" suction and 2" returns throughout.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair EasyClean experience

How big is your pool?
    These are fairly small filters.
    This is basically the same as a Quad DE filter, only you have just one filter element instead of four.
    I have a Quad DE filter on my pool, and like it. It holds a ton of dirt, and I can backwash if I like, or just tear it down.
    Filter elements are very sturdy. I have had mine for almost 5 years, and they look as good as new.

3. Back To Top    #3

X2 On the Quad DE - super easy to clean.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

The pool is ~ 15k gal; I am replacing a Hayward DE2400/1 HP jacuzzi. I was looking at the QUAD 60, but was directed at the EasyClean by the tech at the supply store. His assertion was that the QUAD 60 is to much filter for this pool. I do like the almost 50% lower cost (filter vs. filter/BW valve), but I do like the potential reduced cleaning frequency
    34 x 19 salt water free form. 7.5" inside diameter raised spa. 24" raised beam in back. 3 moss rock waterfalls off raised beam and moss rock waterfall out of the spa. (2) Intelliflo VF pumps, 420 Cartridge Filter, 400 BTU Pentair low nox heater. 2.5" suction and 2" returns throughout.

5. Back To Top    #5

The larger filter is very nice, worth the extra money for most people, still the smaller one will work fine. The EasyClean line is new. I don't expect any problems because it is so similar to other existing models, but sometimes products have issues in their first model year.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you folks for the input. I like the lower cost, but ease of maintenance and reduced cleaning frequency is more appealing. It was the first time I've ever had a vendor try to down-sell me