Any tricks to keep worms out of the pool when it rains ?

Aug 17, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
We have been getting a lot or rain lately and I'm scooping quite a few worms out each day. Is there anything I can do to keep them from crawling across the 3' concrete deck and into the water ? We have grass around 1/2 the pool and pine mulch on gravel along the other half and I'm pretty sure the worms are all coming from the side with grass when the soil is saturated in rain each night.

1. I have read that you can put hemp rope along the edge and the worms will not crawl over that. Anyone else try that ?

2. I guess if they avoid the pine mulch I could also continue that around the whole pool.

3. Another thing I was going to try was sprinkling a little salt around the edge to see if they turn around when they hit the salt of earth.

Any suggestions ? Thanks.

No - I haven't tried any of those ideas.... I put the Solar blanket on and it rained all week - When I took it off there were fewer worms in the pool so maybe that worked ?? I'm going to dig up the grass to about 3 ' all the way around and place River Rock... Maybe that will help. Stay tuned. I'll post some photos on my blog.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.