Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stabilzer and pool opening???

1. Back To Top    #1

Stabilzer and pool opening???

HI GUYS!,
    Well it looks like it is that time of year again!!! YAY!
    I am fixing to open my pool this year and it will be my 2nd full year using the BBB method. I do have a quick question regarding stabilizer. When I made the conversion to BBB I purchased the brand "PoolLife" granular stabilizer (in little pellet type balls, that I measured and put into a sock and hand infront of my jet). This has worked for the past 1 1/2 years on the new method. However, this year I was wondering if I had to use the same brand "PoolLife" or if I could go to a liquid form? Not sure what is best.

The liquid form pours into my skimmer I assume? Not sure what would work best or what you guys recommend. I have a 21 ft round above ground pool and in years past have kept my CYA at 40?

Let me know?
    and HAPPY POOL OPENINGS~
    21 ft Round Dough Boy
    3/4 horsepower Dough Boy PowerPak II pump
    Vinyl Liner
    baqua goo convert

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stabilzer and pool opening???

Liquid is usually more expensive, but brand does not matter. If granular, just make sure it is 96+% Cyanuric acid.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

I've used the liquid before. It's pretty thick so i mixed it in a bucket of pool water first then tossed it in. I'm not sure I'd dump it in the skimmer if you went the liquid route.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

I recommend granular, any brand. It is significantly less expensive.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Just took the cover off and the pool water looks good. I am topping off and the will allow to circulate for a while before I test.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    21 ft Round Dough Boy
    3/4 horsepower Dough Boy PowerPak II pump
    Vinyl Liner
    baqua goo convert