Dolphin Stick on Polaris Uni-Cover

May 23, 2007
Michigan
When my in-ground liner pool was build 8-9 years ago the two round Hayward drains in the deep end had the old style covers that had no slope to them. My Dolpin Dynamic would get hung up on one of the drains so installed the Polaris Unicovers and it prevented it from get stuck anymore. Last year the Polaris unicovers needed to be replaced (Rotted) but since there was a new style Hayward cover with a slope I replaced the drain covers. The dolphin got stuck on the new sloped covers so I went ahead and purchased new Polaris Unicovers but now I have a new problem. The Polaris Unicovers slide off the sloped drain covers and like a idiot I tossed the old style covers without the slope that retained the Unicovers ! Any ideas on what I can do ?

My thoughts:
1. Find some of the old style (Non-Sloped) drain covers. I looked everywhere to no avail.
2. Find a cover like the Unicover that fits the sloped drain covers.
3. Put one screw threw the unicover into the drain cover. I like to remove the Uncover occasonally to clean under it so this would prevent this from happening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.