Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hasa Chlorine Injector

1. Back To Top    #1

Hasa Chlorine Injector

I purchased the Hasa Chlorine Injector,

http://www.bluepoolsupplies.com/Blue...2ca22dc-p.html

Have it installed correctly, the suction side "out" is connected about 8" from the pump, while the pressure side "in" is about 3' on the other side of the pump. Ran it this way because my system does a U turn and the pipes are right next to each other at that point.

It filled up great, but I cant get any flow through it on the flow metere. So I removed the check valve, hooked straight up and I was able to get up to 4 on the flow meter. I tried to blow through the valve and it was tight but it worked. So thinking something was wrong with it, I called and they shipped me a new valve. When I tried to blow through it, it had the same back pressure, but I tried it anyways. I got the same result. I can't leave the check valve out, if I do, when the pump is off, the pressure of the water flows backwards and out the lid.

Now I'm using the stock 1/4" line that came with it. Would the 3/8" upgrade help or do I need to get a different check valve, etc.
    Thanks,

Richard

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hasa Chlorine Injector

I have seen that the vast preference is for the 3/8" valve over the stock valve... I can not answer the question of whether it will solve your particular problem though
    24' Round 54" Impulse Ovation AGP, 1.5 HP 2 Spd, 150 Sq Ft. Cartridge Filter, RayPak 130K BTU NG Heater, BBB in full effect!!
    Vist TFT Test Kits --- Visit Pool School ---
    Visit the Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

I had the same problem with the supplied check valves so I replaced it with a 1/4" NPT SMC poly check valve. You can find them at USPlastic.com That, and a couple of adaptors will get you going. You can order all the parts for the 3/8" upgrade there too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Dave J.

Are these the ones you are talking about?

Check Valves for Vacuum
    Prevents back-flow in flexible tubing. Operates in any postition, but works best at 10" to 28" hg vacumm. Made of polyethylene. #64001 has polyethylene disk; #64004 has neoprene disk. Max pressure is 20 psi.
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...=searchresults
    Thanks,

Richard

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.

5. Back To Top    #5

No, These are the ones I bought. They have a very low cracking pressure and high flow profile. The one you linked is listed as for use in vacuum but the range is 10 to 28". They are also small bore so they will restrict the flow.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Dave J. I bought those, got them hooked up and its working great. I only get about 3 max through the flow meter, but thats seems to be enough to put me over on chlorine, so I backed it off a bit. Right now I'm at 4-5 on chlorine.
    Thanks,

Richard