Hasa Chlorine Injector

Apr 3, 2011
Katy, Tx
I purchased the Hasa Chlorine Injector,

http://www.bluepoolsupplies.com/Blu...dator-ff80818122c30db40122df0442ca22dc-p.html

Have it installed correctly, the suction side "out" is connected about 8" from the pump, while the pressure side "in" is about 3' on the other side of the pump. Ran it this way because my system does a U turn and the pipes are right next to each other at that point.

It filled up great, but I cant get any flow through it on the flow metere. So I removed the check valve, hooked straight up and I was able to get up to 4 on the flow meter. I tried to blow through the valve and it was tight but it worked. So thinking something was wrong with it, I called and they shipped me a new valve. When I tried to blow through it, it had the same back pressure, but I tried it anyways. I got the same result. I can't leave the check valve out, if I do, when the pump is off, the pressure of the water flows backwards and out the lid.

Now I'm using the stock 1/4" line that came with it. Would the 3/8" upgrade help or do I need to get a different check valve, etc.

I had the same problem with the supplied check valves so I replaced it with a 1/4" NPT SMC poly check valve. You can find them at USPlastic.com That, and a couple of adaptors will get you going. You can order all the parts for the 3/8" upgrade there too.

Thanks Dave J. I bought those, got them hooked up and its working great. I only get about 3 max through the flow meter, but thats seems to be enough to put me over on chlorine, so I backed it off a bit. Right now I'm at 4-5 on chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.