Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from the Bayou state

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from the Bayou state

Hello all , I've been lurking around here for weeks researching information so I could begin my AGP construction , I have recessed it and have just about finished up the final steps on construction H2O is being added and the wind has blown in some funk from the field behind our home , it will be this afternoon when the pump will get turned on and start to remove the debris . I have ordered the TF100 kit and have started stock pileing supplies for a BBB pool , the information here has given me quite a bit to learn and adsorb but being a new " first time pool owner " I'm sure It will all get along smooth. I will be updating my Sig soon , what I am jumping into is an 18'x33'x52" mighty sun brand that was picked up from a neighbor who tried to do an install in q day , Fubared the job, bubbled the liner , assembled wrong , and gave up. We picked it up dirt cheap , it literally was not used by the family , it sat for months , grew a swamp , finally was dissambled and set aside , we have it up now with a new liner built correctly and looking like the pool they wanted. Anyhow , as the first post just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background.
    Thanks Niels
    18'x33'x52" AGP / recessed w/ Hayward 1.5 hp &150 gpm Hayward Extreme cartridge filter , wide mouth skimmer . TF100 test kit.
    Breaux Bridge La.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Hello from the Bayou state

Welcome to TFP.

Sounds like you're off to a good start.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Denham Springs, Louisiana

Welcome to TFP Niels! You're gonna love it here!

Whereabout in the Bayou state are you?
    10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Pics taken 2012 ... CN0606.jpg ... CN0607.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Hi Niels and welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW Louisiana

Welcome it is always good to see another person from Louisiana here

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~