Sometimes one should think before committing to an all-out assault on one's pool! Based on seeing white floating stuff that was not being filtered from the surface, a cc reading of 1 (first ever), and reading several threads, I thought I was in the initial stages of white mold. So, I began the shock process as if I had mustard algae by adding lot's of bleach and turning the SWG on boost. The next day no CC and still had the white particles. After a look under a magnifying glass, I discovered it was really white bug scale/parts.
So, we lost out on a great weekend of swimming. The FC (25 ppm) is still above what I want to swim in & it is going to be 92 tomorrow!
The moral of the story, "Don't Panic!" (courtesy of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)
Cheers - Taz.