Dust/dirt on pool floor

imcj

May 18, 2010
We've had horrendous winds on and off for the last few months, and even with the cover on, the pool has a decent amount of dust/dirt settled on the floor and around the walls. Then, unfortunately, the cover was off one day when I was not home and a big windstorm came along. My pool cleaner doesn't seem to pick this up. Do you have any suggestions for me? It looks terrible, and I hate to think of swimming in it. Water temp is now 68, outside temp is up to the 90's this week and may hit 100 this weekend, and my daughter is dying to jump in. As always, thank you very much for all of your input.

That seems to help some, but the majority seems to settle again. Am I just being impatient and this will just take some time when water movement picks up again and I just keep sweeping it?

I have some dirt and clay on my pool floor. The vacuum head that came with the pool kit isn't the best so I used a skimmer sock on my skimmer basket. I couldn't believe all the dirt it was catching! Once the cement deck is completed, I will get back out there to finish up the process. BTW, I got the skimmer sock off of eBay.....great product!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.