Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dust/dirt on pool floor

1. Back To Top    #1

Dust/dirt on pool floor

We've had horrendous winds on and off for the last few months, and even with the cover on, the pool has a decent amount of dust/dirt settled on the floor and around the walls. Then, unfortunately, the cover was off one day when I was not home and a big windstorm came along. My pool cleaner doesn't seem to pick this up. Do you have any suggestions for me? It looks terrible, and I hate to think of swimming in it. Water temp is now 68, outside temp is up to the 90's this week and may hit 100 this weekend, and my daughter is dying to jump in. As always, thank you very much for all of your input.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Dust/dirt on pool floor

Can you brush it up off the floor to get it into suspension?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

That seems to help some, but the majority seems to settle again. Am I just being impatient and this will just take some time when water movement picks up again and I just keep sweeping it?
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yup, just keep sweeping it if you don't have a manual vac head.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, it'll just take some time then. I thought there was a quick miracle!
    Thank you.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have some dirt and clay on my pool floor. The vacuum head that came with the pool kit isn't the best so I used a skimmer sock on my skimmer basket. I couldn't believe all the dirt it was catching! Once the cement deck is completed, I will get back out there to finish up the process. BTW, I got the skimmer sock off of eBay.....great product!
    14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit