I think I found a leak

rxman

May 30, 2008
I have been losing water from my pool. I think this could be the source of my problems. I have attached pictures. This is of a leaf/debris canister. In the gap between the two plastic pieces is concrete as well as dirt. Yes, dirt!
How do I fix something like this?

Attachments

• canister1.JPG
    canister1.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 155
  • canister2.jpg
    canister2.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 120
  • canister3.jpg
    canister3.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 120
I would suggest powering out the dirt with a power nozzle on a water hose. Any remaining dirt, use a knife blade to remove. Allow to dry. Wipe the crack out with alcohol and allow to dry. Fill the crack with silicon.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure how or even if it has shifted right or left. The gap (as far as the width) has been there since day one. My coping is very thick and with the deck poured there was a gap there. The gap has some concrete. I think it was supposed to be filled in smooth but wasn't. I really don't know.

That is just a "Beauty ring", basically a filler above the leaf basket.
Your pool water should never get above the lid you see below, so that should not be an issue.
You can certainly clean out some of the dirt and run a bead of silicone to keep it clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.