Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

SusanB

Apr 15, 2011
I have the Taylor K-2006 test kit and I am wondering if anyone has any tips for reading the pH? The color variations on the vial are so similar it is hard to tell the difference between them. Is it easier to read in sunlight? Against a white background? Any tips would be appreciated.
:testkit:

Thanks, I will have to try that. I have been testing the water in the house so I can have the counter available. I guess when I get to the pH test, I will take it outside. Thanks again!

A couple things:

1) White background. I have some cheap plastic patio chairs that work good for that.

2) I hold the tester at arm's length. Sometimes I squint a little, so it all gets blurry, and the numbers aren't legible. For some reason, it helps. I can tell if it's closer to 7.2 or 7.5 that way - good to .1.

It seems easier when I compare one color block at a time. Pick three adjacent color blocks that look close and cover the top and bottoms one with your fingers (I make a "V" with my index and middle fingers and use them to make a slot). Look at the middle color block and see if the sample matches it. Move your fingers up and down the color blocks until you find the matching shade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.