Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to wire a timer with fireman swicth, 240V

1. Back To Top    #1

How to wire a timer with fireman swicth, 240V

I just purchased an intermatic T104P201 with fireman switch so I could cut down on running my equipement. I have a 240V setup for the pump and heater. The fireman swith has one pair of black leads, so it can only interupt 1 of the two lines of power to the heater. Is this how it is supost to work? It seems you would want to interupt both lines like the timer does for the pump. My wiring is currently set up so that a 240 switch cuts power to both lines of the heater and pump when it is turned off.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD
    A fireman switch is normaly connected to a low voltage control connection on the heater that tells the heater to turn off even through power is still applied.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I was thinking it wired into the switch on the heater after I posted so I'll check the heater diagrams. It's a Rheem/Raypac 2100, 266 BTU. Thanks!