I had the cell tested and it is good. The box is giving me mixed readings and the "generating" light is not coming on. The pool store said there is a fuse that may be blown but it looks good. I have been fighting algae for a month now it seems. I cleaned the cell yesterday after changing my sand, and ran it on super chlorinate all night and there is not chlorine in the pool while the salt level measured in at 3200. A week ago it was recommended to me that I apply 12 bags of shock to turn the chloroform in the algae from green to gray or blueish and then change my sand. The color change did take place for a couple of days but then slowly went back to full on warm tone green. Then I was told the algae must have eaten up that chlorine for there to be no chlorine in the water after a week and having that much shock in the water. I have also used two bottles of algaecide in the past month. I don't get it. Would love suggestions.