What the heck is this stuff??

Jul 3, 2007
Louisville
I have flesh colored bumpy things all over the walls of my pool. I tried to take a pic of it on the walls, but it was to blurry--here's a closeup of one of the gross things. This things are everywhere-when I brush them off the wall they like little jellyfish--GROSS!! HELP! Also, in my filter baskter there is a build up of some white doughy looking junk.
DSC_0767.jpg

Hi, I have a few questions for you. Is this an in ground or above ground pool? Was the pool covered over the winter? What kind of plants are in your area? What are your current test results? Can you post a picture of the white junk?

It is a fiberglass inground pool that was covered during the winter. It's been open for about two weeks. I cleaned the basket, so I cannot get a pic of the white stuff. It's pouring rain and storming right now, so I cannot test the water. As far as plants--nothing real close--hostas, daylilies, hollies, arborvitae.

Have you ever used biguanide in your pool? This could be water mold or slime. Try brushing the walls of the pool and use liquid chlorine to raise it to shock level. If you post a complete set of test results we will help you determine your shock level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.