Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What the heck is this stuff??

1. Back To Top    #1

What the heck is this stuff??

I have flesh colored bumpy things all over the walls of my pool. I tried to take a pic of it on the walls, but it was to blurry--here's a closeup of one of the gross things. This things are everywhere-when I brush them off the wall they like little jellyfish--GROSS!! HELP! Also, in my filter baskter there is a build up of some white doughy looking junk.
    c ya, grivera

IG, Cement, 18,600 Gal; DE, SWCG, Nature 2; 1.5 hp pump; Quartz Aggregate, Mid-Atlantic-1st opened 7/07

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What the heck is this stuff??

Hi, I have a few questions for you. Is this an in ground or above ground pool? Was the pool covered over the winter? What kind of plants are in your area? What are your current test results? Can you post a picture of the white junk?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

It is a fiberglass inground pool that was covered during the winter. It's been open for about two weeks. I cleaned the basket, so I cannot get a pic of the white stuff. It's pouring rain and storming right now, so I cannot test the water. As far as plants--nothing real close--hostas, daylilies, hollies, arborvitae.
    c ya, grivera

IG, Cement, 18,600 Gal; DE, SWCG, Nature 2; 1.5 hp pump; Quartz Aggregate, Mid-Atlantic-1st opened 7/07

4. Back To Top    #4

What all have you added to the water so far this year?
    TFP Moderator
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't know specifically what those are, but they are almost certainly plant related, pollen balls or flower parts of some kind.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

frog eggs?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

7. Back To Top    #7

I don't think it is a plant, this stuff is also accumulating around my outlets--it's like a fleshy blob around the outlets.
    c ya, grivera

8. Back To Top    #8

+1 for FPM. I'm thinking eggs.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

9. Back To Top    #9

Here's a pic of the accumulation around my jets. You can see it is not pollen or eggs. It like a mold. Flesh colored on the top and black on the bottom.
    c ya, grivera

10. Back To Top    #10

Have you ever used biguanide in your pool? This could be water mold or slime. Try brushing the walls of the pool and use liquid chlorine to raise it to shock level. If you post a complete set of test results we will help you determine your shock level.
    TFP Moderator
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!