2 foot slope

deride

Apr 25, 2011
Hello,
I am putting in a 24' round pool in a slightly sloped back yard(away from the house) There will be a 2'slope from one side to the other. After I dig out the high side, what do I do to fill in the trench. Ive read some things about filling the trench with sand, possibly needing a retaining wall maybe drainage. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Make very sure you compact it very well. If you don't, then over the years it will settle and things will shift/crack and you'll be in a world of hurt. The folks who previously owned our house and put in the pool were sloppy about it, so I speak from painful experience.

I am also building this month with the same exact slope issue for my 24' Round
The Shallow wall side should still have 4-5 inches of back fill dirt which I will then cover with gravel with a nice black molding edge against the grass side.
so I have a 54" wall pool oging in I expect it to be about 50" above ground on the back side (farthest away and down hill of the house)
and the front edge will be about 20" for grade and 4-5" for inground stability or about 36" above ground on that side)

So with a 24' round they are digging about 18" wider all the way around the perimeter ie a 27' flat spot if you will...

I have a picture at home of a co-workers pool with a similar condition and how he did it. The picture I will scan shows the pool 20 years after install so you can see that this has held up over time. the Blocks in the photo are just stacked and not bound together in any fashion

I will probably be skipping the wall itself and Iwill have a full deck going over the top

Will post it this evening
Thanks
RSE

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.