Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl liner color question-15X30 inground

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl liner color question-15X30 inground

I was wondering if the darker color liners really heat the water up that much?I am wanting a lighter color thinking it would resemble the water color in the Carribean and stay cooler.The Mrs says we should go with a darker color to achieve that look and she is usually right. What looks better in your opinion and if you have a darker blue liner is your pool to warm.Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl liner color question-15X30 inground

I like the dark blue liners...but nothing carribean about it (see below). I am of the belief that they will warm your water more, but depending on your location, that may not be a bad thing. Up by me, I wish the liner were black

24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

By looking at your pool I would have guessed that was a light blue liner,guess I was wrong again.lol That is exactly the look Im wanting.Thank ya

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah...the darkness faded a bit, but if you google "boulder print liner" it will give you an idea of the pattern in my pic above. The lighter liners or white plaster tends to give you a more sky blue colored water, which I tend to think is more carribean looking
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I like the tan liners, gives a nice lagoon look.

6. Back To Top    #6

Ours is a dark blue, I love it. I'm not sure about holding heat. Our pool was always comfortable last year but we get a lot of full sun from noon until sunset.
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons

7. Back To Top    #7

Love the pool pics,sure makes my decision easier.Dark blue it is.I will never let her know she was right though.lol

8. Back To Top    #8

Googled it Dman,thanks