Pool Cover ripped where do I go from here

Jul 22, 2009
This is my 3rd year with my pool--2nd year opening. Last year was a breeze as cover came off, water was clear, etc.

This year we had some wind that ripped a part of the cover. I went ahead and took off the cover, added water and started the pump.

Water was green and we fished out all of the debris we could see. Initial test results were:

FC 0
TA 180
PH 7.8+
CYA 15 (tough to get a good read with dirty water)

I started with CYA via sock method. Lowered PH and shocked the pool over night. In process of shocking pool right now.

This am the water was greyish cloudy and the ph was 7.2. FC had gone back down to 1. I am in the process of keeping the FC at shock levels and the water is cloudy.

How long will the water remain cloudy? I have some Polysheen Blue stuff that came with the pool I have never used. I am VERY reluctant to use this as I have been faithful to the BBB since I have had the pool with the exception of some tri-chlor that came with the pool initially. What is this Polysheen Blue stuff from Bioguard anyway? Would it help or should I just stay the course?

How do I proceed from here and what is the timetable I should expect?

Thanks

It can take a few days to filter out the cloudiness, especially if you have a sand filter. You are on the right track. I'm not a fan of clarifiers, but since you have it on hand, using 2-3oz of the polysheen may help speed things up for you :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.