Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Build in Oklahoma-questions throughout..help me build!

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build in Oklahoma-questions throughout..help me build!

First question....

I'm building a play pool 3 to 6 then back to 3. The pool will end up 33' long waters edge. My question is will a 3' drop (angle) over 14' length be too severe of a slope?

You might ask, 14 plus 14 is only 28. What happens to the other 5 feet? I'm being a little conservative here but in reality the bottom of the pool will only be around 31' in length as you lose length and the slope won't start immediatly. I figure if I'm safe at 14' then I'm good.

Thanks everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    34 x 19 salt water free form. 7.5" inside diameter raised spa. 24" raised beam in back. 3 moss rock waterfalls off raised beam and moss rock waterfall out of the spa. (2) Intelliflo VF pumps, 420 Cartridge Filter, 400 BTU Pentair low nox heater. 2.5" suction and 2" returns throughout.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build in Oklahoma-questions throughout..help me buil

Well in 4.5 feet, you're dropping 1 foot, and dont forget to calculate that there will be at least a foot or so lost in the middle. I think it might be too steep for a play pool. Do you really need 6' depth in the middle? You might be better off with 5' in the middle, which would level out your slopes a bit. Plus 6' is probably too deep for most folks anyway

By the way, it looks like you've already dug, have you hired a pool co. or doing the work yourself? What area in Oklahoma are you?

3. Back To Top    #3

By the way, do you have any pictures of your plans that you can post? From the description on your other posts, it sounds like it's going to be great!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the input. I might only go 5.5 or push it back another couple of feet.

Not doing it myself totally but very involved. Edmond.
    34 x 19 salt water free form. 7.5" inside diameter raised spa. 24" raised beam in back. 3 moss rock waterfalls off raised beam and moss rock waterfall out of the spa. (2) Intelliflo VF pumps, 420 Cartridge Filter, 400 BTU Pentair low nox heater. 2.5" suction and 2" returns throughout.

5. Back To Top    #5

Cool, good luck with it! I can't wait to see some pics of the results. Are you using a pool company, or subbing out contractors yourself? If you're familiar with the subs, I'd love to get some feedback, and contact info on them, if you wouldn't mind. Hopefully I can break ground on a pool at my new house sometime this year.