Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 380 has a hole in lower housing

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 380 has a hole in lower housing

Hello all and happy swimming this summer to you! I have a Polaris 380 that is 6 years old and noticed that the lower housing (white belly part) has a hole rubbed in it. The unit also needs wheels and new tail and probably other stuff that I haven't discovered just yet. It seem to run OK and picks up well. Do you think that I would be better off buying a new one or should I fix it? Seems after checking some of the part prices that it may be a near wash buying a whole unit. Your thoughts are appreciated!
    17,000 in ground free form white plaster
    1 HP Hayward Super II, 48 SqFt Hayward DE filter, Sta Rite Max-E-Therm Heater 333btu
    Rainbow Chlorinator (when on vacation), Polaris 380, Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 led
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Polaris 380 has a hole in lower housing

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

near the swamp

repair it, cheaper and just as good as a new one

4. Back To Top    #4

Get a quote on parts and repair cost. Compare it to the price of a replacement cleaner. Polaris is currently offering trade-up rebates for your old cleaner when you buy any listed cleaner with a product offer. Basically take in the price of a new one and factor in the trade-up rebate amount. It's worth looking into.

5. Back To Top    #5

Philadelphia, PA

6. Back To Top    #6
    Upstate South Carolina

They sell complete kits for rebuilding that unit. douglee25 nailed it; save yourself $$$ and get it on line unless you know a guy that can buy it from a wholesaler.
    Why is it most people that work in a pool store know nothing about pool chemistry?
    37,000 gal lined inground, Aquarite SWCG, ORP & pH cont, 30 gal acid tank, and Digital Timer w/ Freeze probe. All integrated with interposing relays to keep pump from shutting down if feeds are running.