Passed overnight test but...

Jul 2, 2009
Southern Virginia
...water is still cloudy blue. Should I drop it back down to normal chlorine levels and wait? My numbers look fine (TA might be a little high), sand got changed about 2 weeks ago.

FC: 20
TC: 20.5
pH: 7.8
TA: 120
CYA: 75

I am ASSUMING my CYA is still 75, haven't checked it in a few days. I've added/backwashed since my last test. So do I keep shock level or let it level out? I can see about 8in down and that's it. Maybe 3 steps on my ladder?

You should continue at shock level until either the water is clear or you have passed to overnight FC loss test.

CYA doesn't change very quickly unless you are doing a large water replacement. I wouldn't worry about it right now.

New numbers this morning have me a bit frustrated. The dog DID get in the pool last night. Obviously the 90 degree weather made her a bit too hot! Anyway...

FC 11
CC 1.5 :-(
TC 12.5
pH 7.5
TA 120
CYA 60

Since my CC is up from .5 to 1.5 do I shock again or leave it alone?? I assume it is because my dog went for a swim. I HOPE it's not because the algae decided to come rearing its ugly head back.

I do not cover it, no. My cover was lost in a winter storm and I do not have the funds to replace it right now. I just did a recheck and since last post my FC has dropped to 8 and CC is at 1. I will shock again. I don't mind shocking, just want my clear pool. :)

poolmomma,

Don't be in a rush to pass that overnight test. I wouldn't run that test again until your water looks crystal clear to you. Keep your FC at shcok level until that happens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.