Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I make a trip to the pool store?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mickleton, NJ

Should I make a trip to the pool store?

I just ordered the TF100 a few min. ago. We opened on Friday and I tested the water a few times using the lame strips that came with the pool. It looks like everything is a little low, the water looks crystal clear. Should I bother bringing my water to be tested at the pool store or just wait a few days for the test kit to arrive?

I'm learning and hope to learn even more once I have the test kit but I must admit for now everytime I read a thread that gets technical with chemicals my eyes kind of glaze over.

I thought I read that there is an iphone app. calculator to tell how much to add for pool size. Can anyone recommend the app?

p.s. I know I need to read pool school a 100 more times.
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Should I make a trip to the pool store?

Look for "Pool Calculator" on the app store, or use their web site,

Since the water is looking good, you should be able to get by with just test strips until your real test kit comes.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School