Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blue diffusion liner in 30mil, anyone have pics with water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Blue diffusion liner in 30mil, anyone have pics with water?

Just gave the go ahead for my pool reno guy to replace the liner in our 22 year old pool and we chose this liner print with no border, we mainly chose a no border print because pools we seen online without a border seem to look bigger...optical illusion I guess. The other reason was to eliminate the possibility of the border level not matching our water level which would annoy me to no end.

http://www.plasticfilmcorporation.co...o-gallery.html

Anyone have this style liner? Sure would appreciate a pic if you do!

If you only knew how many hours I spent trying to decide on a liner pattern...whew!
    55 Kilolitre in-ground 18'X36' vinyl lined kidney shape, 1HP pump, Jacuzzi 250lb sand filter, RayPak Delta T 200K BTU natural gas heater. New PoolWerks "Blue Diffusion" liner on May 26th-2011

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blue diffusion liner in 30mil, anyone have pics with wat

Liner replacement went very well, completed in two days after pumpout. Went swimming today for the first time, got her balanced and sparkling in two days thanks to TFP and the BBB method!

Some pics of the replacement so others can see what this color/pattern liner looks like with water and how bleached out our 20 year old liner looked when we replaced it.

How it looked in the fall when we were getting ready for winter.
    [attachment=2:1cep9od7]IMG_4917.jpg[/attachment:1cep9od7]

How it looked this last week once UV Pools got the water out, hard to believe it lasted 20 years!
    [attachment=1:1cep9od7]IMG_5730.jpg[/attachment:1cep9od7]

New liner going in after bottom resurfacing, capping main drain and replacing one return due to slight cracking around the internal threading, one less thing to worry about in Canadian winters by omitting the bottom drain (it wasn't leaking BTW). Took out the light and capped it also, just attracts bugs in the prairies...one less hole in the liner.
    [attachment=0:1cep9od7]IMG_5736.jpg[/attachment:1cep9od7]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    55 Kilolitre in-ground 18'X36' vinyl lined kidney shape, 1HP pump, Jacuzzi 250lb sand filter, RayPak Delta T 200K BTU natural gas heater. New PoolWerks "Blue Diffusion" liner on May 26th-2011

3. Back To Top    #3

Took two days to get the brown out with 2 litres of floc and 2 litres of sequester, water was very alkaline at PH 8.2 but 3 litres of MA took care of that.

[attachment=2:15u2351e]IMG_5748.jpg[/attachment:15u2351e]

[attachment=1:15u2351e]IMG_5751.jpg[/attachment:15u2351e]

[attachment=0:15u2351e]IMG_5743.jpg[/attachment:15u2351e]

Went swimming today, heres the numbers;

Temp = 28C
    FC = 2.5
    CC = 0.0
    PH = 7.4
    TA = 90
    CH = 60
    CYA = 30

Perfectly balanced heated and clear in two days!

Couldn't have done it without the help of UV Pools measuring the liner accurately and installing it professionally (hard working guys BTW), lots of fun working with you...well watching you work anyway LMAO!

Highly recommended and experienced liner replacement techs in Winnipeg.
    http://www.uvpools.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

Looking good
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks great!!

I'm glad to see that your happy with your choice. You don't want to know how long it's been that I've been looking at paver/coping/tile combinations

Bruce
    Quebec
    Cement 12'x30', in the neighborhood of 50 years old. Restored, 1.5"plumbing, 1hp super pump 2, Hayward swim clear cartridge filter, Summit2.5t heater,Hayward SWG t-9 cell, Nexxus Blanco lights, pentair bermuda gunite skimmer.

6. Back To Top    #6

I only wish I had enough cash to replace the steps, there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to coat them to eliminate the faded look. They are plastic PVC or ABS or some other sort of polymer combination that no one wants to guarantee their work on, I actually think a polyamide aircraft primer and then Imron paint top coat would work but its not something I want to experiment on.

The slide I can have redone but I want to try and polish the gelcoat on it first, if anyone has any recommendations on step re-coating and slide refurbishment I would be grateful.

7. Back To Top    #7

That looks great!!!
    21x41x54" AG Artesian Seville II
    Installed around 2004 - we moved here in 2008
    23,000 gal
    Hayward SwimPro 256T Sand Filter
    1HP 2speed Hayward Power Flo Matrix
    (and have 2HP Hayward Swimpro and a 2hp 2speed Waterway Hi-Flo pump as back up also!! lol)
    No heating - other than Solar SunRings
    Central IL

8. Back To Top    #8

The liner looks amazing! I am just starting my search for liner replacement as over the winter the liner decided to tear near the water line .
    Was wondering if you felt comfortable sharing what the cost of your liner and installation was?

I really dont want to start this process but I will soon have angry kids if I dont lol!

9. Back To Top    #9

It really looks beautiful! Congrats!
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

Wow! Looks great.

Get this, my liner I removed is EXACTLY the same as yours was, installed in 1988. The liner going in on Monday is the EXACT same pattern, except with a tile border. Great choice! I have a thread going also, here: new-liner-install-t31632.html
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

11. Back To Top    #11

$8200 which included new liner channel, resurfacing, capping main drain and cutting into the deck to replace one return.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Molson
    Wow! Looks great.

Get this, my liner I removed is EXACTLY the same as yours was, installed in 1988. The liner going in on Monday is the EXACT same pattern, except with a tile border. Great choice! I have a thread going also, here: new-liner-install-t31632.html
    Haha my original install date was 1989, glad we did it this year and didnt wait...the liner was very brittle on the surfacing side on the bottom. Wasn't leaking though, but the liner guys did mention I likely dodged a bullet because once it leaks the price increases exponentially.