Salt Water Taste

Feb 28, 2011
Just wanted to know if it was normal to be able to taste the salt in our pool. I have heard that you shouldn't be able to taste it, but I do. I've been trying to keep up with keeping our chemicals in range and everything is fine other than that. Here are my numbers...7.6ph, 90 alkalinity, 1.5 Cl. Is there something I am doing wrong???

Thanks!

Our pool salinity is normally in the 3000-3200 range. We can taste the salt in the water.

When one of our daughter's friends inquired about the taste of swimming in "ocean water". My daughter described the salt taste as being closer to vegetable soup than "ocean water". :lol:

I would compare the salinity of the pool water to the broth in a good bowl of seasoned vegetables like peas or beans. :mrgreen:

One of my daughter's young friends asked me why he tasted salt in our pool. After I told him it was a salt pool he asked me why did I have a salt pool. I explained that the shrimp need the salt to stay alive. It was a hoot watching him trying to see shrimp in the pool. My daughter finally explained it to him.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.