Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: recommendation for East Bay,CA contractor to replace skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

recommendation for East Bay,CA contractor to replace skimmer

I'm hoping to get some suggestions for someone who can replace the skimmer on my pool. Suction line to pump has a blockage I can't free or successfully snake and there are some leaks around tile into skimmer (currently A&B epoxied).

I'm in the Orinda/Lafayette/Moraga area of Northern California.

Pool was built in '74 and it looks like skimmer has been replaced once.

Obviously, I'm trying to find someone who will do it right the first time as my understanding is this is a pretty tricky repair to get right.

I'd really appreciate any leads on folks you've had good experiences with.
    Thanks!!!
    ~29K gal, 20'x36' rectangular, outdoor IG plaster, built in '74. Intelliflo VF; Sta-rite system 3 w/300sq ft. Liquidator 8Gal-3/8ug; Polaris 380 sweep & PB4 booster. Equip. is in shed on ground level pad.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: recommendation for East Bay,CA contractor to replace ski

Really? No one has a "guy?"
    Or is mine the only pool needing repair help -- you lucky dogs.
    ~29K gal, 20'x36' rectangular, outdoor IG plaster, built in '74. Intelliflo VF; Sta-rite system 3 w/300sq ft. Liquidator 8Gal-3/8ug; Polaris 380 sweep & PB4 booster. Equip. is in shed on ground level pad.

3. Back To Top    #3

The problem is that you're asking for recommendations for a very specific area. Chances are only a few people from that area are on the forum and most of those haven't had an issue or aren't willing to recommend someone.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    The problem is that you're asking for recommendations for a very specific area. Chances are only a few people from that area are on the forum and most of those haven't had an issue or aren't willing to recommend someone.
    Well rats. I can understand that, but a guy can dream...
    Though, I'm guessing there probably are nearly a million people in this "service area."
    Clearly, I need to introduce more folks around here to this marvelous forum.
    Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

I would walk into Coral pool service and ask if they would refer someone.

I'd also go to A Very Nice Pool Company and ask.

Both of these companies have been open for a l-o-n-g time.

Both are in Lafayette.

It has been over 20 years since I've been into either but both were reputable then.
    Pool IG 16,000 gallon (33 x 16) Spa IG 700 gallon spa - Dark Plaster, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test
    Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS 3050, Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft DE 150 GPM (rating from manual)
    Pentair Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC40, Polaris 360, Lars Lx400 NatGas heater, Fafco Solar panels

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-H
    ... It has been over 20 years since I've been into either but both were reputable then.
    Thanks. I've had the work done by a friend that prefers to do commercial work.
    20 years is a pretty long time.