Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any way to clean Polaris hose swivel?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any way to clean Polaris hose swivel?

My Polaris hose was getting tangled and so I bought some new swivels. I found some old ones in a box left by the prior owner in the attic and before I could find the brand new ones, my dear hubby had switched out one from the pool for the best one of the old ones. The old ones are a bit crunchy but still swivel better than the ones in the pool.

Before I throw out the rest of the old ones, is there any way to clean these things? I'm wondering if CLR would restore the free turning. Or is that a waste of time?

Always thrifty... anonapersona
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any way to clean Polaris hose swivel?

If they are rusty, the balls are now out of round.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Any way to clean Polaris hose swivel?

Ah, thanks, I thought it was calcium in the joints, but did not realize it had balls inside. Off to the trash with them.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.