Salt Levels Between SWG Brands

Jimbolo

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 3, 2010
Happy Easter Y'all.

I'm trying to decide between the Compuchlor and the Goldline Aquarite. The Compuchlor needs ~6000PPM salt and the Goldine about 1700-3400. Why the big difference? I can imagine that it has to do with the charge that the system runs across the grid. The higher the charge, the lower required salt level. Does that sound right?

Also, what might the implications be with having a 6000PPM salinity? Possibly salt buildup on walls, more prominent corrosion of parts?

Thanks for any advice.

Jim.

Have you considered a Pentair IntelliChlor? Optimum level at 3500 ppm and while mine is currently a little over 4000, the unit is working very well and no detectable taste (multiple test subjects...) in water

The circuitry to run at lower salt levels is slightly more expensive, though prices vary so much you hardly notice that these days. Salt above 6000 starts to be an issue for copper heat exchange coils and a few other materials you see occasionally.

Usually you'd find that Australian and SA models run on 4500-6000 range and any models designed specifically for USA market run on somewhere around 3000. I think it's mainly due to a salt scare that is very common in USA which has partly developed due to people using cheaper materials for pool construction.

I use the Australian made CompuChlor on my pool and run it at 6000ppm...I have had it 3 years now..no salt creep, no corrosion on heater, or other parts either. Works great, is self cleaning and totally hassle free! I highly recommend the unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.