Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Warranty question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Warranty question

I understand that Pentiar will extend to a 3 year warranty if you buy 3 or more pieces. I am planning to re do my equipment pad with a VS-3050 pump, a CCP 420 (or 520, not sure yet) filter, and an Intellichlor SWCG with Intelitouch controller. I am anxiously awaiting the Intellitouch with the integrated Intellichlor power supply.
    It is beginning to warm up here in NJ (finally) and I need to get the pool chemistry under control before it becomes a green swamp. Sorry for the long my question I need to purchase all there units at the same time in order to get the 3 year warranty? Or can I buy the pump and filter now, and get the Intellichlor / Intellitouch at a later date (hopefully within the month) and qualify for the 3 year warranty?
    (FWIW - I have a approx 24,000 gal vinyl in-ground, coming off of a horrendous baquacil season, converting to salt.)
    22,000 Gal, in-ground ,vinyl. Pentair Intelliflo VS, Clean&Clear 420 cartridge, Hayward NG 300K heater, Polaris, EasyTouch,IC-40, (former Baquacil - converted to SWCG)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Pentair Warranty question

I would contact the dealer and ask. I am not positive, but I do think it has to be purchased at the same time.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

I'm with Zea. I think it all has to be purchased at the same time. Your local dealer may work out a payment plan with you in order to satisfy tghe requirement, but you'll have to talk to them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Eastern TN

I purchased three but find't get any other warranty info. Does a receipt for all three do the trick? Is there an online registry?
    New pool inground 28,000 gallons with spa.
    Hayward 3 HP and 1.5 HP pumps. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator. Auto water level. Polaris 9300xi

5. Back To Top    #5

I hadn't heard this from my Pentair Rep... I do know that Hayward offers this, not sure if it's just through me (service company, that's what they implied) or direct to the consumer.
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)

6. Back To Top    #6

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Quote Originally Posted by DigitallyChallenged
    I purchased three but find't get any other warranty info. Does a receipt for all three do the trick? Is there an online registry?
    I am researching this too... I may buy up to 5 pieces of equipMent

Do a search for my name on this site. I posted 2 PDFs from pentairs website. One is for parts AND LABOR, but I imagine this would be only if you purchased the equipment through your pool builder. The second PDF is for extending the warranty on the equipment only. Let us know how you make out.
    20x47' double roman vinyl liner pool. Pentair EasyTouch 8PSC-IC40, 011018 Pentair IntelliFlo, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP420, Pentair 120V IntelliBrite LED, Cleardeck indeck solar reel, 530 sq' solar system Polaris 9300xi robot, Interfab Turbotwister slide, S.R. Smith T7 diving board, deck jets vinyl-liner-pool-build-in-ontario-canada-new-pictures-t30213.html