Not-so California weather

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
It's been warmer in London than here this past week. Grey skies, too. A bit windy here this evening.

Why do I bring this up? Because I had a long, brutal day at work to cap off a long, busy week. I'm tired and sore and stiffening up, and a soak in the spa would feel good. It's the thought of getting out of the darn thing that keeps me from turning on the heater!

Kids were off for spring break so I took off work with a plan of golf in the morning and swimming in the afternoon. Got the morning golf but a half hour was all I could take in the pool. Kids managed an hour on days the wind wasn't blowing as hard. Was definitely frustrating.

I remember last year it was cold into May. Hoping not a repeat. Messed my tomatoes up too.

Richard I know how you feel about a good soak, but in my case a shower is all I got and maybe a few aspirins. :goodjob: A few weeks ago I put on the solar cover and got the water temp up from the low 60s to about 71 yesterday. My 15 yr old daughter could not wait to get in. She spent about an 1 hr swimming. She is like a fish but still way to cold for my bones.

BRRRRRRRR ... either you guys are either real young or else you belong to the friggin' polar bear club!! :cheers:

80 deg. F is my absolute minimum before I get in ... unless I've been out in the yard diggin', cuttin', etc and have worked up a good sweat and need to cool down ... only then will I even consider getting in at 78 or so. Thing is ... I grew up in northern Indiana (Go Irish !) and used to swim in Lake Michigan like it was bath water ... ahhh ... to be young again !!! :party:

What you are all describing is life in NE Ohio. Grey, cloudy and unpredictable from one minute to the next. I won't even go on about the temps. All I can do is stare at my covered oasis of fun and sigh a big sigh of disgust.

What does a sparkling pool look like?

Right there with ya :grrrr: Darn weather will not break 70 w/ overnight lows in the 30's, I'm getting real tired of staring at the pool cover. We're in the pool as soon as the water is 68+ deg :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.