Savi Melody LED Light Failures

Could anyone explain how to remove these lights in order to put in the new ones plz
Thanks

I just noticed one of my Savi lights is 1/2 full of water and the other one is 3/4 full! Oddly enough they still work. I'm going to send them in for warranty evaluation as they are less than 3 years old. I am not sure how they come out, does the wiring have to be replaced also?? Or are they just a bulb? How do they seal? Sorry for the lousy pic!
Thanks,
Leasa

GOPR0006.jpg

I have the same light that's 15 months old. It only works on pink and green. The contractor is no help. I was hoping you could give me some contact information to the manufacturer of the light. And would also be interested in any compatible replacement lights that will fit in the same cavity as the SaVi light if you know of any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

I had the same issue.. 2x Savi Notes & M4 Controller installed in 2009 , lasted 2-3 seasons, cracked near the end cap, filled with water, lights only lit up red and then completely died. I was without lights for a few years as the contractors here in Canada charge an insane amount to replace these, one quote was 650+13% tax per light for PART ONLY. I ordered new Note's from INYOPools and re-strung them myself. They are working fine now but I am concerned after spending nearly $700 CDN in total and reading this thread doesnt give me much confidence..

I recently purchased a house and installed for pool lighting was a Savi Melody LED light, as it turns out. I say as it turns out because I had no knowledge of the pool light other than it is LED which is good. that is until I was showing my father my pool light one evening, then the next evening the pool light doesn't seem to come to life with its normal intensity, it just seems to emit a small red dot where the pool light normally glows from. I am a electrical guru so I goto work troubleshooting. my transformer is putting out nice 12V ac. so I pull the LED housing up onto the pool deck and find that it has a repaceable cartridge. I contact the pool store and ask if there is any warenty or anything from the previous owner to which they say call the light manufacture. The next day I call SAVI and ask about the warranty (my pool isn't very old) they explain that the warranty isn't transferable so it's a nogo. So I order a new cartridge ($275), Savi Melody (P Series) to replace the "P" series that was removed. I installed the new cartridge into the housing and seal when it arrived, per the instructions, power it and the new cartridge works great.

So being a tinkerer that I am I decide to try to repair the broken light even though I have already resolved the problem. I inspect the circuit board and determine the only things I recognize on the board are capacitors. I go onto Digikey's website and within a few mins I have spent $10 and have a few of each of the caps on their way. When the caps show up in the mail, I go into repair mode and within 5 mins I have the light cartridge put back together. I took the rebuilt cartridge out to my transformer with some alligator clips, connect it to power and it comes alive with no discrepancies.

If you are handy and the cartridge doesn't have any water damage, it may be worth a few mins with a soldering iron to replace the caps, it would have saved me $265.

Oh well...

I have One savi Melody light completely out .
a few questions
Do I have to drain pool to remove it ??
Can I get one replacement Bulb or do I have to replace whole light ????

- - - Updated - - -

Muy SAVI lights pit aso... How do I check to see if this will work?????

Reactions: magictommy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.