Anyone used "Fiber clear" in their filter

MOM&POP DIY

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2009
My sand filter just is not getting it, so before I change the sand, thought I would try adding some DE. After reading about it, I learned it is carcinogenic when inhaled - so I am a little fearful. My hubby has respirators that he uses with work, but what about when we back wash to an open area (field). Looks like it would dry out and become airborne again. So then I read about "fiber clear" a safe alternative. Anyone tried it. Since it looks like I may have to change the sand in my filter anyway, thought it would be a good time to try. Any comments?

I have used fiber clear in my DE filter and it worked really well. So others have used it with their sand filters with mixed results. If you google "DE in sand filter" in the google search bar on the bottom left of this page, you will be able to read more about people's experiences.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.