Polaris AutoClear Plus Run Time Not Working

Apr 5, 2009
Hi All,

No matter what I set the run time to on my AutoClear Plus, when it starts a new cycle set at 24 hours and doesn't countdown, so it is always running when powered on. Also,the Auto Cycle light that indicates it is using the run time is off.

I've searched for any mentions of this problem or how to troubleshoot it and I've come up with nothing. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

I kept searching and answered my own question. I'll post it here in case it can help someone else in the future. I found a Polaris troubleshooting guide and this is what it says...

AUTO CYCLE Light
If the light does not activate:
1. Press RESTART CYCLE and the UP arrow at the same time.
2. Set the run time to 24:00 hours and press RESTART CYCLE again. If the system does not respond, replace
the microboard.

Fortunately it worked and I don't have to replace the microboard.

Thank you so much for putting this out. I was ready to get rid of this autoclear (I inherited it when I bought the house with a pool). The instruction manual on this thing is quite bad.

I followed the instructions, and they worked fine. After getting 24:00 to work I readjusted to 8 hours (what the polaris manual recommends for 90 degree water temp) and restarted the cycle and now it is working perfect.

Now if I can only figure out what the additional readings beside salt concentration are when I hit the test button, maybe I will start to understand this thing.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.