What brand pool cleaner does everyone find most reliable?

Aug 26, 2010
Louisiana
Morning everyone,
I have been reading and searching, looking for the best brand of AG pool cleaner. I would love to hear everyone opinions and suggestions and what kind of problems you have had with different ones.
As you may remember from some of my earlier post, I am disabled, so the easier to put together, and less hassle to use the better.
Looking forward to everyones thoughts on this

Intex 16'x32'x54" rectangular pool, 2650 SWG/sand filter, kreepy krawly
Morgan 500 gal. Hot tub

Re: What brand pool cleaner does everyone find most reliable

I'll get the ball rolling......
I have an Aquabot, very reliable, never let me down but it's quicker by hand and it is heavy when full of water so not something I would advise for anyone with mobility problems. I have baraccuda that still works well, lightweight and easy to setup execpt for filling the hose (put it infront of the return to fill the hose quickly) but that does suck the dirt into your filter so more back washing (I have waterco multicyclone so very little water wasted).

The Nitro looks good and is a lot lighter than the competion.

My experience with suction side cleaners has been hit or miss, I think a lot depends on the individual pool. The longest lasting one I have used was probably an original Kreepy Krauly, some of the best cleaning results and fewest hang ups or getting stuck in one part of the pool came from a cheap house brand suction clearer bought at Lowes for under $100 a couple of years ago, unfortunately it was not well built and started coming apart after a few months of service, and was worn out to the point it would not stay in one piece by the second season. I don't like my current model as it tends to get stock at the steps.

Ike

I've got the Polaris 9300 that came with our pool contract. Nothing simpler. It cleans well. I place it in the water plug it in to AC and let it clean. After you're done, it takes one minute to clean and put away for the day.

People recommend cleaners much in the same way they do filters........they invariably like the one they own. :lol: (usually)

That said, a general rule of thumb is that you pay for cleaning power. The stronger and faster the cleaner, the more you will pay for it.

Over the years, have gone through pools with Hayward PoolVac, Kreepy Krauly and many others, including totally autonomous robots.

Have purchased over the last couple months multiple Poolvergnuegen 2x and 4x (my own is 2x model..) cleaners for entire family (half dozen pools..).

duraleigh said:
People recommend cleaners much in the same way they do filters........they invariably like the one they own. :lol: (usually)

That said, a general rule of thumb is that you pay for cleaning power. The stronger and faster the cleaner, the more you will pay for it.
So true, unless people have owned several machines it is difficult to be objective. Considering the impaired mobility of the OP makes it a whole new ball game. I know I can vac my whole pool without missing bits inc steps ladders and main drains quicker and better than any cleaner I have yet met and I find it relaxing for the 35mins it takes including setting up and putting away so I wouldn't buy another cleaner until they can do better than me.

http://www.bestroboticpoolcleaners.com/

This is an AGP...as such, I would recommend a AGP robot such as the pool rover jr. There are some nice units listed above, but they are mostly designed for IG pool cleaning. Yes I own it, but I would also not exchange it for anything but another Pool Rover Jr :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.