Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Question

My PB had water hauled in for my pool and it was unloaded this Tuesday. The water was mainly clear until the last load and the last load made the water green as a gourd. We have not poured the slab for the equipment so there is no water being moved. Should this be a big concern? I would have thought that there should be a temp pump on to o ahead and shock the pool but I am new to this. Please help.
    20x41 Inground Vinyl, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Pentair 1 HPWhispeflo, Interllichlor, Prowler 720

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Question

Cloudy green or opaque green is not so bad. Without a pump running you are expected to get algae anyway, so getting it early is only a minor annoyance. Still, it would have been better if things had been managed differently.

If the water is a clear transparent green, that might well be a sign of a more serious problem.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, the water is a transparent green..............looks like it may be a lot of chlorine in the water. I believe the water truck got the last load from a different hydrant. The PB told me yesterday he would shock the pool with a temp pump................but a no show the last two days
    20x41 Inground Vinyl, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Pentair 1 HPWhispeflo, Interllichlor, Prowler 720

4. Back To Top    #4

A clear transparent green is a sign of metal in the water, probably copper, though possibly iron turning the water yellow against a blue background which can look green. You should add some sequestrant. Metals in the water are difficult to get rid of and run some risk of causing stains.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School