Autopilot SC-36 cell issue

Apr 22, 2011
Hi,

I am new to this forum but I hope you can help me here...

I have the salt system with an SC-36 cell. The control panel is blinking with "Clean Cell/ Low volt" message. The part that concerns me is that the electric cord that goes from the panel to the Cell (that goes to the 2 big "nails" in the cell) is kind of melting from the inside.. from the outside it looks fine. When I disconnect the cord from the cell and look in the 2/3 holes in the cord, I see like a black gel. this gel can also be seen dripping by the cell...

It started about 1 year ago ( I think), I found about when the cord was all damaged and I replaced it by a new one a few months ago, I just checked it today and this one is also "melting" and if this has to do with the error message in the panel.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

A bad connection between the cord and the cell, or a problem in the cord it's self, could cause the cord to melt and also cause the error messages you describe. You probably need to replace the cable and should also make sure the connections on the cell that the cable plugs into are clean.

Ok.. I replaced the cord, the overheat damaged (melted) the inside female plugs (if that is the name) I just installed the new cord and I still keep getting the error.

Dummy question.. the cord comes with 3 holes while the cell has 2. Which ones are the right ones?
I tested a couple and I get a Low/amps error, I tested the other 2 and get a "Warning/clean cell". The cell was cleaned a couple of days ago, so I am sure there is no build up in the cell

And my final question.. is my cell gone? How can I know the cell is still working ok or not?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.