Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool not level

1. Back To Top    #1

pool not level

we had a 30 round put in last year and I have never felt the vertical support legs (what ever you call them) were straight. Everyone told me it was in my head. I just held a level up to them and they are indeed not straight up and down. They are odd by a small amount maybe 1/4 of an inch. meaning id I adjusted the bottom of the leg 1/4 of an inch it would be straight.

What will this mean for the pool and its life span? am I worried about nothing?

The installer did use a laser level and sand and the whole 9 yards.
    25,500K gallons; cartridge; IG; plaster; I'll have to look up the pump size and flow rate

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: pool not level

If the legs are out 1/4 inch across their entire height, that is fine. Small angles like that are not a problem. It is extremely difficult to get everything exactly perfect. There will usually be some tiny error like that left over after you do the best possible install.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School