Sand filter....R.I.P....please help

Apr 14, 2011
Hi All:

Happy Good Friday!

My Sandfilter sprung a seam leak and to no avail all patching attampts have failed.....and we are taking it off life support and putting it in it's final resting place for eternity. (into the dumpster that is).....my queation(s) is/are
1. Can I replace just the filter with out buying the pump? (my old one is jacuzzi 250l)...the pump is still working good..

2. What is the best filter I can get to replace my 250L?

My pool is a 16 X 32 grecian 18,000 gallons.

Any help is appreciated.

God Bless

chris

Hey Chris. Happy Good Friday to you.

1. You can just replace just the filter. No use replacing a perfectly good pump.

2. That's a very subjective question. You could always go back with the same model or you could change to a cartridge or D.E. filter if you prefer.
Having said that, the 250L is a good size for your pool.

Hey Bama....thanks for the reply...the 250L is no longer made....

you could change to a cartridge or D.E. filter if you prefer.
what are these? what would you do? Can you tell me a preferred brand or Model....hayward is widely sold her ein montgomery....any suggestions?

chris

Disclaimer: my opinion only!: I would replace the sand filter with either the exact same model or a 200SF cartridge filter. Since Hayward is sold and supported where you are, I'd seriously consider them. Down here near Mobile, Pentair is more prevalent so that's what I have and what I'd use again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.