solar heat

According to the web site, the panels are approx 25 sq. ft. (56.5" x 64") and produce 20,000 BTU per day. That equates to 800 BTU/sqft-day, which is on the low end of the black tube panels which average about 1000 BTU/sqft-day per Florida Solar Energy Center testing http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/certificatio ... /index.htm

Unfortunately, these panels have not been tested by FSEC.

What are the costs of these panels compared to the flat plastic tube ones? They do have a good warranty at 15 years.

I have cheap FAFCO panels and am on my 3rd year of using them and love them. No leaks yet. Easy to repair if one of the tubes should leak. Light weight and easily installed - if you get someone to help. I bought mine off the internet for about $350 for 160 square feet. Plus another $250 in PVC and a valve and I spent less than $600. I really should have double the sq. ft., but I don't have room and use it mostly just to heat my hot tub.

I love this quote on the WSE web site: "Picture #1 is a picture of the Costco solar heater I purchased last spring, it worked great as long as the sun was out."

Reminds me of some friends that were swimming in our pool at NIGHT and remarked how warm the water was and I told them about the solar panels. They asked, "Are they on right now?"

Re: AquaQuik SolarPRO solar collectors

unfortuanatly locked in
i got them for the same price as the mats here in ontario,canada

mats run like 375.oo plus 13% tax

had a friend that got the mats and even though he blew the lines out the rubber split

Re: AquaQuik SolarPRO solar collectors

If the mats split, he didn't get all the water out. If installed correctly, they should drain completely whenever the pump is off, so they wouldn't even require any blowing out before winter.

Please let us know how these collectors work for you! To my knowledge, nobody on the forum has actually installed them.

hi all
wse47 panels installed for 2 weeks but the weather was cold and wet and cloudy had the first week lost had it up to 70 than the temp changed
note found out i should have bypassed the solar went from 70 on may 14 to 54 on may 15
finally the weather is cooporating sun is out for the first time in a week
have the flow to them dialed in that was tricky
sat may 21 @7 am the pool was 64 deg f @ 6 pm 69 f it was a sunny 76 deg f day

sun may 22 7 am 67 deg f 6 pm 71 deg f it was a sunny 75 deg f day quite breezy

so it looks like i am getting a 5 degree rise in temp every 7 hrs of sun on the solar unit

pool is a 18 ft agp

just checked the temp air temp at 5 am was 54 pool 70
6 am air temp 63 pool 70 solar blankets do work to keep heat in
which leads to a question
on sunny days do you leave the blanket on or take it off

i am located in southern ontario canada

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
update to wse40 solar heat

have had the 2 wse40 panels for our 18ft 54 in pool installed for 3 weeks now. also using solar blanket to keep heat in
last week we had 3 full days of sun temp reached 78 deg f.
this week day time temp was all over from 54 f to 70f with lots of rain not much sun nite time was even worse with lows 0f 50f
the good news is the temp in the pool held 70f which is good with the lack of sun and low day and nite temp
i have been running the pool pump that feeds the solar unit also between 5-7 hrs daily
more 5hrs this week due to lack of sun.
started this new post becuz my other post temp readings were wrong found theometer was reading 6 f low (thanks to my neib)
here in southwestern ontario,canada we are going to have a 3 day heat wave starting sun with temp hitting 86f by tues
this will be a great test to see how fast the temp will rise in the pool from its present temp
will post morning and evening temps daily starting on sat would do todays but it is pouring rain again :-D

opps guess i should not post that early in the morning the panels are wse 47
4 pm pool is 68f air 60f
so even though there was no sun just rain there was some some heat being generated in these panels

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.