solar heat

Awesome !
I just installed 2 2' x 20' fafco sungrabber panels to warm up our 15' above ground pool.
I put them on the roof, 40' from the pool, pump pressure went up 2 psi and flow is good.
Not a whole lot of sun yesterday but pool went from 78 to 82, held at 80 this morning
and up to 82 late this afternoon after another very cloudy day with a little rain.
Im expecting these to work really well on good clear sunny days........
Panels were $200 and I spent another $200 on pipe hooking it up.

We have six of the WSE47 collectors. Four were installed about 10 months ago. We had to R&R the collectors for roof repair (previous damage unrelated to the install). We added the two new collectors when we reinstalled everything, for a total of six.

We have not been able to use the system since the re-installation due to leaks. The old collectors are leaking around the tubes. (The system is vented, so there is minimal water pressure.) On closer inspection, what is supposed to be stainless-steel has pitted and rusted. The rust is cancerous with flaking metal at the tubes that leak the worst.

The two new collectors seem a bit different, and the tubes fit much better from the start. Maybe we got a bad batch of collectors the first time around. We're waiting to hear from the manufacturer.

-AJ

Please post how things work out with the company and those rust issues, I'm very seriously considering buying 3 panels for my 30' agp. I'm trying to figure out if they really will pay for themselves in 4-5 years. I live in southern Manitoba.

Hi all, new the to the forum. Does anyone know if the WSEtech company is still in business? I've tried emailing with no response and calling the number on their website and it's out of service. I had 2 wse 47 panels installed 2 summers ago and one of the tube's shattered this winter. I need replacements and cannot find out where to get them? The company that installed them has gone out of business as well.

Thank you

Kevin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.