Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: filling the spa ..

1. Back To Top    #1

filling the spa ..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! i have a easy touch pool & spa..going on 5 years now..
    i need some one to tell me how the Heck to get the spa to fill up!!????
    i got a new pump because it was old..and it started to smoke when i would turn on the power.

i have tried everything..even turned on the jjets to fill it up..
    HELP!!! user guide does not have a chapter on filling & drain the spa...

thanks
    tony
    21,500-gallon tiled gunite with 65' infinity edge. Two Intelliflo VS pumps, one for trough one on pool. Pentair 520 cartridge filter on main circuit ,Pentair 200 cartridge filter on edge circuit. Easytouch, Intellichlor 60, Intellichem with external acid pump, Intellibrite 5g lights.

Testing: Taylor K2006 (with FAS/DPD). Taylor K1766 salt.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: filling the spa ..

Garden hose?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

umm... i know how to fill the spa with a hose..smart guy..WHAT im looking for is how it fill its self..I KOWN A HOSE WILL FILL IT ..but there is a way AUTOMATIC to do it ...

thanks for nothing
    21,500-gallon tiled gunite with 65' infinity edge. Two Intelliflo VS pumps, one for trough one on pool. Pentair 520 cartridge filter on main circuit ,Pentair 200 cartridge filter on edge circuit. Easytouch, Intellichlor 60, Intellichem with external acid pump, Intellibrite 5g lights.

Testing: Taylor K2006 (with FAS/DPD). Taylor K1766 salt.

4. Back To Top    #4

You need to direct the returns to the spa rather than the pool. There should be a valve controlling this. A picture of your equipment would help, if you can't find it.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden