AquaPure 700 Not producing chlorine

Apr 21, 2011
I have an AquaPure700 that is less than 3years old. My display lights that are on are: power, flow and service. My service codes are 125 and 194 (both instruct me to clean the cell). I cleaned the cell but the lights remain.

My pool water has no chlorine level and is turning green.

Can anyone help? I have consistent flow, the DC cords seem to be plugged in properly. My maintenance guy said my pump was too powerful for the 2" pipes which was causing a flow problem. THe flow looks fine to me. I thought he was nuts.

How do I know if the flow sensor or cell needs to be replaced or if something else is wrong.

Codes 125 & 194 indicate a dirty cell or a dying cell :cry:

Clean cell in a mixture of 4 parts water and 1 part acid. Rinse with fresh water.

Reinstall and start unit. If codes are still present, check the voltage at the cell. With the cell under a load, the voltage should be between 22 to 28 volts. Low cell current and high cell voltage is a sign of a weak cell.

The Jandy Aquapure salt cells have a 5 year prorated warranty.
Contact the Jandy technical support department at (707) 776-8200 extension 260.

Please post your results.

Thanks
PSG

Thanks for your reply.
I already cleaned the cell once. When I reinstalled it , I still got the same codes.

Where and how do I check the voltage?

Also,when I reinstalled the cell, I didn't get a good fit and the water leaks around both ends of the cell, the dc cord port gets wet. Would this have any impact on the cell not producing chlorine?

Remove the cell and check for any type of debris inside the threads on both ends of the cell. It should seal water tight. You should be able to tighten the fittings by hand or with a pair of channel locks or a strap wrench.

Lift the connector at the cell and test the DC voltage with a multi-meter.

Contact the Jandy technical support department at (707) 776-8200 extension 260.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.