Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellitouch Load Center

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellitouch Load Center

I am in the process of updating my pool equipment pad. I've been looking at the Pentair products and want to install the Intellitouch automation system and the Intellichlor SWCG. I've seen some notes about a new load center that includes the Intellichlor power supply (part number 521213) that was supposed to be out in early / mid April. I search for this part nmuber but can't find anyone selling it. When I search for it on the Pentair web site, it does not locate anything. Can you Pentair experts help me out? Is there such an animla? Is it going to be stocked and sold soon? Thanks in advance.
    Ed
    22,000 Gal, in-ground ,vinyl. Pentair Intelliflo VS, Clean&Clear 420 cartridge, Hayward NG 300K heater, Polaris, EasyTouch,IC-40, (former Baquacil - converted to SWCG)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellitouch Load Center

521213 is listed for spring 2011, though no one seems to have them yet. Some of the other spring 2011 products have come out very recently.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

It is on the Pentair website.
    Wholesale house's computer is down so I cant see if they are instock anywhere in the nation.
    I will let you know when I can.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Not out yet, according to txt from Pentair rep.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Bummer..I hope they release it soon. I'm sure I'll be back with questions as I figure out the rest of the equipment pad upgrade.
    Thanks for all your quick replies...this board rocks!
    22,000 Gal, in-ground ,vinyl. Pentair Intelliflo VS, Clean&Clear 420 cartridge, Hayward NG 300K heater, Polaris, EasyTouch,IC-40, (former Baquacil - converted to SWCG)

6. Back To Top    #6

Arrrgh! I am buying my equipment and ran into this too! Does the older product load center not include the power transformer for the ic? Amy updates in the last 10 days? It will be a cpl months before I HAVE to have it but I wanted to get my equipment on the way and start installing the electrical side.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

7. Back To Top    #7

The new one is still not shipping that I can see.

The old one does not come with the IntelliChlor power supply. The new one comes either way, with or without the power supply. The new one is also a little larger, 150 amps instead of 125 amps and max of 10 breakers instead of 8.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Good lord 150A! Wow you could run a house on that load center!

Hope it starts shipping in the next month.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

9. Back To Top    #9

I've also been thinking about buying this new model with the integrated Intellichlor transformer, however I think I may go with the seperate transformer. I assume the transformer puts out a fair amount of heat, like all transformers, and this heat in turn will damage the IntelliTouch electronics over time, as heat damages electronics over time. So my question is, do others agree with my conclusion or has Pentair done something to get this heat out of the cabinet, such as an exhaust fan?
    IG 11,000 gallon 14'x30' Freeform Gunite Pool w/ 8' Spillover Spa, Pebble Fina Bella Blue Plaster, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, Quad 80 w/ Fiber Clear Filter, Mastertemp 400HD Heater, IntelliTouch i5+3 w/ ScreenLogic App Controller, IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Cell, IntelliChem PH & ORP Controller w/ Acid Dispenser, IntelliBrite 5g Color Lights, Infusion Venturi Returns

10. Back To Top    #10

A few days ago, I spoke with the owner of a local pool company about this problem. There are many products on the Pentair site that are not yet available by online pool stores. He told me that as a large Pentair pool dealer, he can get ANY part listed on Pentairs site.

You might check with a local dealer to see if they can do the same. Although, that option may cost extr*****$
    24,480gal True L. 1.0HP pump. Sta-Rite Cristal-flo T240BP1 with a WC112-147/148 multiport.

11. Back To Top    #11

I just went ahead wit a separate unit for the swg transformer.

12. Back To Top    #12

24,480gal True L. 1.0HP pump. Sta-Rite Cristal-flo T240BP1 with a WC112-147/148 multiport.

13. Back To Top    #13
    Nick363

We just had our equipment put in and ours has the SWG transformer in it. The installer is a little confused on how to hook it up.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Nick363
    We just had our equipment put in and ours has the SWG transformer in it. The installer is a little confused on how to hook it up.
    The wiring diagram should be right on the inside door.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

15. Back To Top    #15
    Nick363

Quote Originally Posted by bk406
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick363
    The wiring diagram should be right on the inside door.
    Unfortunatly it is not in Spanish.

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry

If you order the 521 load center then you will still get a 520. Do not let the pool stores fool you. Even if they are best friends with there rep.

17. Back To Top    #17

Two or three people have reported getting the new one. Some stores may well still be shipping the old one, but there are some new units out there.

18. Back To Top    #18

Just to update this...

I got an email from a supplier today I will repost here:

Begin Quote--

Hi Chuck, Just to follow up on our phone conversation tody, the #Pentair 521213 is now available from Pentair special order only at this time 7-10 business days. the price is $579.99 if you would like to pre-order.
    Thank you,
    Tom Coudayre
    TC Pool Equipment Co.
    (714)368-0429
    tcoudayre@hotmail.com

End Quote--

I am ordering one I think... one less box and set of wires on my wall.