vinyl liner pool build in Ontario, Canada NEW PICTURES

my math comes out to 33000 gallons. the pool proper is 20x43, with the stairs making it a few inchs shy of 47' long. Haunch to Haunch, the pool is 38', then the roman ends add 2.5' each.

I guess my math was wrong. i looked at the dig sheet and it says it is a little less than 27000gal, then add a little for the swimout and stairs...

I really liked watching this build. I am in the process of a similar project. I was curious if the one LED light was enough? Any picks with the light on? And when you back filled what did you do to compact the soil before laying the concrete? I am decided on weather I build the pool, back fill, and then wait until spring to do liner and concrete or fill it up and winterize before we get a freeze. Thanks

Sorry so late... No picks with the lights on... Since they have not yet been on. Soon though!

I used a walk behind plate tamper slightly moistening before. I also used a rod right up against the pool walls to make sure there were no voids. Best to use clear gravel if you can... Packs best, no settling. Next is sand then loam. Last would be clay. Avoid using it.

Good luck. I'll post more
Pics soon

finishing the odds and ends: fence, grading, sod, tying in solar, automation system, diving board... (ok, i have lots to do still!)

i lost the battle on growing my own grass. 15400sf of sod was delivered and installed (pool party for my sodding friends TBA). That's me on the Kubota doing some final grading. I scored a great deal on an oversized safety cover. where it overlaps more than recommended i have made wear strips.

Attachments

• photo66.JPG
    photo66.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 225
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    115 KB · Views: 225
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 226
and a few more. these are in reverse order. i pulled the cover off...went to TFP...read the pool opening sticky. followed directions. last picture is saturday night, middle is sunday morning and first one is monday morning. approx 7 182oz bottles of clorox, 24/7 filtering and Robbie the Robot in action...

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 239
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 226
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 225
last ones for now. i used "oz posts" to anchor the fence posts in the ground. where the fence goes over concrete, I had the brackets made. i used stainless washers under the plate so it is not in direct contact with the concrete. 3 3/4" redheads hold them in place.

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 224
  • photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 225
I would appreciate your feedback for the Cleardeck system.
We're considering adding it to our build, as it obviously keeps the cover hidden and out of sight. It sure is costly upfront!
Thanks! - Beautiful build BTW!

The clear deck is one of my favorite
Add ons. It works well, looks good, saves on chemicals, keeps
Crud out of pool, keeps
Heat in, so less solar pump time required (my electricity is time of use billing. Ie expensive during the day)

So bottom line. I use it, because it works as advertised.

My only comment is that it will work best on pools with a flat end, not irregular shapes since the shape of the coping the solar cover contacts while it is being rolled up can cause the cover to wrinkle a bit. We a double roman. A single roman would have worked a bit better. I'll take a picture of my solution.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.